In a couple weeks, we’ll officially say goodbye to summer. Today I’m sharing how to transition your wardrobe from summer to fall. Let’s face it, when fall approaches, the weather can still be steamy. We’re not quite ready for chunky sweaters and jeans. I’m talking about some of my favorite summer pieces that can easily be transitioned during the August and September months.
oh hey fall! I’m ready to become all sorts of basic. My basic-ness includes pumpkin spice lattes , cozy boots, family picture tossing leaves, flannels and pumpkin spice lattes. My budget does not include a pretty pumpkin latte. My jeans would also not fit if I was drinking one every morning. So I decided to put my taste testing to work and a DIY version…its so easy! Even I can manage to make it before work while getting two toddlers ready for school!
So lets do a quick breakdown on the MAJOR benefits of making your pretty pumpkin spice latte at home!
Theirs : $ 5.00
Mine : $ .45
Ladies, lets just say that you only treat yourself 3 time a week for 3 months – $163! Girl, I can put together an entire outfit for that…including some cute booties!
Calories : 380 – still 310 if you skip the whip cream
Carbs : 50 – this is def not fitting into your keto diet!
Sugar : 48
Calories : 25
Carbs : 0
Sugar : 0
You also get to gain another 15 min in the morning by not stopping at Starbucks (Starbucks I swear I really do love you)
The few items you will need…
3/4 cup almond milk ( I use the unsweetened vanilla – 30 cal per serving- if you love milk then switch to that)
coffee – duh
2 tablespoons of Jordans Skinny Syrup – pumpkin caramel
a dash of pumpkin spice.
The syrup you use is up to you – I have the pumpkin, pumpkin spice and the pumpkin caramel. I went with the pumpkin caramel and add a dash of pumpkin spice. These are all zero calorie and zero sugar! Side note if you are a pumpkin fanatic and ready to go all in there is a trio pack of pumpkin flavors!
So when I made this for the blog I was adding canned pumpkin….then I ran out and started making it without (just as good)
Making the PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE is so simple!
Add 2 tablespoons of your Skinny Syrup and a dash of pumpkin spice to 3/4 cup of almond milk
Zap your milk for 15 seconds and start to froth – just like using a blender
Make your coffee then add the frothed milk in!
add a dash of pumpkin spice
( If you do want the pumpkin puree add it to the coffee and mix before adding the milk)
Its a simple as that ladies, I hope you love it!
Today we are sharing a Strawberry Short Cuts Smoothie that even the kids will love. There’s no better way to cool of from this summertime heat than with a healthy smoothie. We’ve teamed up with Schnucks and are sharing a yummy, kid-friendly smoothie recipe. This recipe only consist of 5 ingredients and I promise… your kids will love it!
Strawberry Short Cuts Smoothie
- 1 Schnucks Short Cuts strawberry cup
- 1 banana
- 1 6-oz container of plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Add strawberries, bananas and yogurt to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add peanut butter; combine.
- Add ice cubes and blend until smooth. Divide between two glasses and enjoy.
What’s your favorite summertime smoothie?
This post is sponsored by Schnucks but as always, the content and opinions are my own.
Hi mama, if you are looking for the best advice for new moms you have found it. A few years ago I was searching Pinterest for everything first time mom, packing my bag, and creating the best nursery. I know you have got so many things to do and so little time left, which is why I wanted to share all the best advice. I also know that every mom (and baby) is different so I had friends and followers to give their best advice too. My heart was so happy with all of the submissions coming in from all these sweet moms, then I was also kinda peeing in my pants (take that as advice) from the hilarious moms!
First things first, advice will be coming in hot from everyone…
Grandma : Oh we didn’t use car seats
Mom : I covered you in baby powder you lived
Friend : You have to breastfeed. It’s the only way
Co-worker : Breast feeding was terrible – formula only
Grocery Store Checker : You have to co-sleep for a year
Neighbor : Natural birth at home is the only way
Boss: My husband never fed the baby
Do what works for you and your family girl!
Real mom advice from delivery thru the first year!
- Listen to your gut. Trust that mom instinct it’s in there!
- You do not get a gold star for breastfeeding… so if it doesn’t work out its okay because a fed baby is best.
- Don’t set expectations sometimes the unexpected is better.
- Google Photos – always back up the 500000 pictures you are taking.
- Get out of the house. Even just for a walk around the block or at the mall. You need some fresh air. Showers and fancy clothes aren’t required.
- If you feel off, not yourself, depressed, please seek help. From friends, family or a professional. Its 100% okay to get help.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Anything from needing a nap to needing help if you are sad. (tons of moms said this)
- Do not have expectations for your delivery – no one can plan their delivery and your Dr. will do what is best for you.
- The first few weeks are hard. Its okay to not be okay. You’ll get thru it.
- Do not compare yourself to other moms, the internet, or books. Do what works for you!
- Enjoy every moment, even the middle of the night snuggles. You will miss it.
- Drop all expectations. Survival mode above all else.
- Parenthood is a series of trial and errors, no one is perfect!
- Babies don’t come with answers. It’s just a matter of finding & figuring it out.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. You’ll never remember that your house was a mess or you had laundry everywhere, but you will remember the moments with your babes.
- Be patient with yourself, your partner and your baby.
- Don’t feel bad, guilty, or like you have to justify what works for your family.
- Breastfeeding is not an automatic thing babies know how to do. Just like everything in life, practice makes perfect.
- Lots of fresh air for your girls if you are breastfeeding…. I walked around with no top on half the time.
- It only takes 2-3 weeks for the nipples to get used to breast feeding.
- Don’t give up. So many moms say they wish they would have breast fed longer. Also, its okay to stop nursing and use formula. Don’t cause yourself a mental breakdown because your baby won’t latch or feed.
- Getting babies to sleep is way harder than I thought.
- Choose one sleeping technique and stick to it. It only takes a few nights for them to adjust!
- Don’t feel obligated to have visitors come over until you are ready.
- Use a retainer cup to keep pacifiers in.
- White noise machine is a must… also a portable one. (or an app)
- Keep a backup of everything you might need in your car. Diapers, wipes, snacks!
- Not matter how good your child nurses, make the last feeding before you go to bed a formula bottle.
- Always keep your diaper bag packed and replace what you use when you get home.
- Get a mom clip for stroller and battery powered fan (mom you might love the fan too #hotflash)
- Start introducing bottles sooner than later to help them get used to them.
- Always pack disposable diaper bags, changing pad and an extra bottle.
Very funny and true advice!
- Drop all expectations. Survival mode above all else.
- Zoloft and Jesus
- Take ibuprofen around the clock for the first few days and keep the ice packs coming.
- Put the newborn in the nursery and get some sleep. The nurses are pros and will wake you when they need to eat.
- Make dad get up! You didn’t make the baby on your own.
- Just get the depends and take the stool softener.
- Wine. Lots of it.
- Delivery, get the epidural!
- Buy the booger sucker.
- Never get waxed during pregnancy!
- Sleep on a towel for the first 4 months because night sweats are a real damn thing!
- Do not let anything said between 10 pm and 6 am count – ha I needed this with my hubs (craz at 2 am)
- Let them sing, its good for their lungs. This is from my fav uncle… he would say that the kids were singing when they were crying. This will seriously make you laugh when you want to cry. At the store and the kids are crying. You can’t get them to stop and people are looking at you…”oh, they have the best singing voice don’t they?”
Onto the list of what to pack in your hospital bag. I wanted to keep this list simple because your hospital has sooo much stuff for you I see zero reason to bring extras!
Friendly reminder : My boys came 3 and 4 weeks early so get the bag ready ha! My favs are also linked! If you want the pretty printable version get it here… the ultimate hospital packing guide
Robe – I wore a robe daily while I was at the hospital with both boys!
High-rise compression pants (or workout pants)
Fugly big underwear (or sport the mesh- a new trend. I haven’t tried them but have heard amazing reviews!)
Comfy PJs with button top
Going home outfit
Dad / Electronics / Documents
2 changes of clothes
Cell charger with long cord
Camera + Charger
Insurance, License etc (we were able to pre – register and didn’t need this)
I hope this makes life a little bit easier as you prepare in the final few weeks!
When starting this little blog almost 1 year ago, Lindsay and I knew we wanted to reach out to the St. Louis community as much a we could. Why not host a charity event and have a great time for a good cause. We’ve gotten to know so many amazing local businesses and women throughout this crazy journey.
(L and I both dressed like it was our wedding day. Can you blame us-haha Dresses from La Ville)
One thing we noticed was the lack of community ship within the area. We started to think of charities that spoke to us and decided to hold a fun day out for ladies that would benefit The Women’s Safe House. Since we ourselves are two moms who enjoy a day out we thought it would be fun to host a day of shopping. We invited all of our fav businesses to participate. Each business brought special pieces from their stores for the women to shop. To see a full list of the vendors click here.
Lindsay and I couldn’t have been more please with the turn out. Everyone involved was amazing and had a wonderful time. We laughed, shopped, and sipped out way through the beautiful event space at Willow. We met some amazing ladies who are still inspiring us today. I wanted to share all of the photos from our special day because it’s something that we will always look back on and smile. ENJOY!
We gave the first 25 ladies to enter AMAZING goodie bags – huge thank you to EVERYONE who donated!
How cute is this sign by Red Lettered Goods!
(Red Lettered Goods did all of our signs)
What’s a party without some cocktails. More of our favs here.
Kendra Scott donated some lovely pieces that everyone fought over 🙂
The winners from the Diba Shoe giveaway!
We had everyone write a special note to the ladies at The Women’s Safe House.
Some of the AMAZING Vendors that helped make our event so special
Meghan from SoLayne Designs
Lauren and Lisa from Ashley Jayne Boutique
Megan from Red Lettered Goods
The beautiful girls from Arch Apparel
Heidi from Govero Salon (If you’re looking for a blondie guru, she’s your gal)
Fete Photo Booth was a big hit!
Our fav beauty bringing all the flowers and flower crowns, Rudys Flower Truck
Some of our fav local blogger babes!
Special thank you to Tracy Wallin Photography for capturing these unforgettable memories. Lindsay and I also want to thank all the local businesses that helped make this event so special to us!
Halogen Lace Yoke Popin Pin Stripe | there is something so pretty about this top I needed it
Rebecca Minkoff Superwoman Tee | statement tee perfection
BP Raw Edge Tee | we are pretty basic and don’t feel bad about it. Our fav tee is a must have
Billabong Meadow Swing | love the color and the perfect tie front
WAYF Plunging Knot Front Top | I’m usually more simple in my style but the second I put this on I fell in love | I bought a medium
WAYF Lace Up Ruffle Cami | Oh how I wish I could pull this top off but if you have the top for it please get it and wear it for me!
Halogen Lace Trim Blouse | love love love
Leith Easy Wrap Top | this brand is becoming one of my favs
Hinge Mixed Lace Peplum | lace and peplum, need I say more!
Socialite Thermal Top | limited availability but hoping they will restock soon. So soft
Caslon Peplum Top | available in 3 colors and can be dressed up or down
Caslon High/Low Tunic | this is available in a ton of colors and would look so cute paired with your fav leggings
Mama’s this is the best time to get winter and fall for your kids. I like to go extra basic on clothes but shoes and coats these kids deserve the best right!
Under Armour | what little boy doesn’t want to look just like dad? |only $18 |2 colors
Nike Windrunner | Perfect for fall and would be find in a car seat $33 | 3 colors
Rain boots | perfect in the snow or size up for the spring next year | under $20
Native Sneaker | perfect for kids with wide feet and these are seriously the best!
North Face Reversible Jacket | this jacket is perfect for the winter months and reversible
Tucker + Tate Pull-On Jeans | I love the pull on jean- perfect for potty training toddlers 🙂
Basic Tee | under $10
Vineyard Vines Polo | something about little boys and polos melt my heart
Munki Munki Pajamas | the softest jams EVER with the cutest prints
Under Armor Pants | both of my boys live in these on the weekends. Also prefect for transitioning seasons
Girl, give me a good classic jacket and I will hold onto it for years. This is another area I’m shopping for classic pieces that I will continue to wear, so its worth the splurge.
Here are our top picks for jackets!
The North Face Gotham Down Parka| Perfect Length to cover you butt | has a hood | amazing quality |4 colors
Trouve Drape Front Leather Jacket | ladies this has been on my list for years to get it fit like a glove | medium |3 colors
BB Dakota Nicholson Faux Suede | I have this and LOVE | toss on over a dress or with jeans | small
Calson Green Military Jacket | also comes in camo | obsessed with this
BP Faux leather jacket |two colors
Calson Draped Utility Jacket |two colors
BB Dakota | light weight fleece |heather gray
Patagonia Puff |5 colors |standard length
Thread and Supply Pull Over | cozy |size up for and oversized look
I don’t care if you are hitting the gym or just dress like you do, having a quality pair of leggings is a game changer! Plus you deserve it!
Here are my tops pics for athletic wear
Zella Mira Tank |two colors |mesh detail
Zella Street High Waist Style | 2 colors |
Zella Mamasana Live In |hey prego mamas I got you |great gift too
Panache Underwire | girls that need the girls in their place get this |BRA sizes
Adidas Made to Move tank | love this
Nike Rally Sweatshirt | I need this in my wardrobe because I would wear everyday
Zella Sports Bra | I love this brand and the detailing on the back
Zella Tank | this top is perfect for running errands or your to wear to your next workout
subscribe to our newsletter
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.