Yes- I am saying it- a vacation without kids
you deserve this – your children will survive- you will have a good time
It started this post months ago right before taking a trip with my husband and a few friends. I went back and forth on this because I can hear the nay-sayers backlash on this topic. Sorry nay- sayers I hope this post pushes one mama to get online and book a vacation without kids!
Our first vacation we took without my son he was 4 months old- we packed up the pump and headed to Napa for the weekend! It was truly magically like I was giddy all weekend no rules, no schedule, nothing to worry about for 3 days! Did I miss my son – yes – did I type up a crazy baby guide – yes – did he live – yes! So if I could give one little piece of advice to new parents, its to plan a trip! It could be a month or a year after your precious baby arrives just get on a plane, car, boat and enjoy a little vacation.
#basicnapaphoto do you see the happiness in my face- vacay mode!
Why you should start planning a vacation or staycation soon….
- We are constantly the keeper of all things, the scheduler, the cook, the maid. Your mind needs a break- a break that is longer than the 2 hours between your kids between and your bedtime!
- Remember that guy you married years ago…super funny, handsome, tells you that your beautiful daily! We all need a break from our fast paced, busy schedule to reconnect. You don’t need to get all Dr.Phil a few days of laughing brings back all the feels.
- Your kids will LOVE the time away from you too. Who would love getting spoiled by grandparents!
- I know you are working hard- I don’t care if you are working 14 hour shifts or folding laundry for 10 hours a week. Being a mom is hard and you deserve a break!
- Sleep- what is that? My boys are great sleepers, but wouldn’t it be nice to wake up when you want to. The nights that I go to bed on time and my kids sleep past 6 am I feel so refreshed, think of a few nights of that!
- Splurge on something fun you can’t do with the kids in tow. You shouldn’t feel bad for spending a little money on yourself for a vacation or something special.
- Invite your friends they need a break too! You know the nights that you get 3 hours with your gals and
your head was pounding from a hangovercheeks hurt from laughing. A good vacay can hold you over for months!
a little sun and some margs
Don’t you think you should get out your computer and start looking for a little spot to go?? Here are a few places Carley and I have went for getaways.
- Austin- this town is sooooo much fun. My hubs surprised me and had a group of friends join us.
- Scottsdale- you can’t beat the weather in the spring/fall here. Great hiking too!
- Cabo- who doesn’t love Mexico and margaritas
- Napa – our first weekend getaway without my first son
- Fairhope- this little town is gorgeous
What are your thoughts on kid free vacations?
Any favorite destinations you have to share?
If you need a trip with the kids AFTER your vacay – I share all my travel tips here!