Winter brings snowmen, sledding, and toasty evenings by the fire. It also brings a special set of maintenance issues that require a homeowners attention. Proper planning and upkeep will help you deal with these worries efficiently. With the new year here, I’m trying to take a more pro-active approach with my home instead of a reactive when something goes wrong. Here’s what’s first on my list:
- No one wants to wake up to a cold house on winter morning. If you do, it’s likely that you have a furnace problem. Don’t let your furnace and heating system go without a checkup this winter. For safety reasons alone, any furnace reliant upon gas or other fossil fuels calls for an inspection. Preventative maintenance prolongs a furnace and heating system’s shelf life. It’s important to make sure that your HVAC system is maintained. Now through January 31st Hoffmann Brothers are offering $750 off a new HVAC system.
- Nothing is worse than a cold shower in the freezing winter! Hoffmann Brothers not only performs maintenance on HVAC equipment, but also offer maintenance on water heaters. Their technicians are trained to provide a thorough examination on the water heater to ensure that you are getting enough hot water and that your system is running efficiently.
- In the winter, the colder air cannot hold as much moisture, causing very low humidity. When the air is dry, the low humidity can create a variety of problems: dry & itchy skin, static electricity, higher susceptibility to colds & infections, damage to wood furniture & floors. Receive $75 off a humidifier instillation now through Jan 31st.
- Now that you’ve taken the proper steps for your home to be happy, it’s time to focus on yourself as an individual. When winter approaches and the holidays are over, I start to get into a funk. Below are a few ways I stay happy during the dreary winter months:
- GYM GYM GYM: I have an entire post on why I go and why it keeps my mind right. Read here.
- Shopping: Who doesn’t feel good when you buy something new to throw one. If you missed our recent January amazon haul, check it out here.
- Getting organized and staying organized. I recently hit publish on a blog post on some quick and easy tricks on how to declutter your home.
We hope some of these tips and tricks will keep you and your home both happy over these long winter months. What’s the one thing you do over the winter for yourself that keeps your heart happy?