It’s fall ya’ll. (said it & not from the south ) It’s time to make everything in a crock pot. White chicken chili is one of my favs for fall and such an easy party food too! I created a healthy version that you can make in under an hour + an easy way to create a chili bar for everyone to customize their chili!
You can easily set this up in the back of your truck / suv / mini for a tailgate party or trunk or treat! Or on the kitchen island if you think this looks ridiculous.
My cooking style is easy + healthy-ish + delicious!
Easy : I am always going to take the easy way out when it comes to cooking – so I buy the whole chickens already cooked and grab the box broth.
Healthy : You can always find ways to add in more veggies and cut calories/carbs by subbing ingredients.
Delicious : I would never let you waste your time making something that doesn’t taste good.
List of ingredients for white chicken chili + toppings bar
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 cans of white beans
- 2 boxes of chicken broth
- 1 package of light cream cheese
- 2 packages of frozen or canned corn
- 2 small can of green enchilada sauce
- 3 bell peppers ( red – yellow – orange )
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 avocado
- 2 limes
- 2 Cans of diced tomatoes + chiles :
- 1 jalapeno – chili bar
- 4 slices chopped bacon
- 1 package shredded cheese
- 1 package of oyster crackers
- 1 pack of spicy nuts
Quick and easy chili in under about an hour!
- Shred your chicken and add to crock pot on high with 2 boxes of chicken broth.
- Drain 2 cans of beans and one can of diced tomatoes and add to the crock pot.
- Add package of low fat cream cheese to the crock pot.
- Chop 1/2 onion + bell peppers + zucchini + 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add 2 cans of green enchilada sauce , chopped veggies, and corn to a skillet and cook on med for 10 min.
- Add ingredients from the skillet to your crock pot and let it cook on medium for another 35 min. Then switch to low.
So simple right?
While you are letting that cook you can prep your chili bar toppings!
Sliced Avocados | Cheese | Spicy peanuts | drained diced tomatoes | oyster crackers | sliced jalapeños |sliced limes | cilantro | diced bacon | tortilla chips | non-fat Greek yogurt
Next step is to enjoy your chili while hanging with friends and family – no one that loves me wanted to be in this pic.
If you want more fall inspiration check out our favorite