I can’t believe I’m sitting here typing a blog post about my baby girl turning one. I’ve got a lot of mixed emotions and my hormones are at an all time high. To me, the first year is always the toughest. So we always celebrate BIG when it comes to turning ONE! Today, I’m going to share how to prep for your little love turning the BIG ONE!
We have pictures this Saturday at Settings STL. You can rent the space for $50 and can bring in your own photographer, decor, props, etc. The also have a selection of things you can use! I then secured the most darling highchair from Party Hop Shop.
Tips when scheduling pics for your big one year old.
- Schedule between naps. My little lady usually naps between 9-10:30 and 1:30 to 3 so our pics are at 12!
- Make sure you order your cake a few weeks prior. I added my own topper on her cake! Your can choose fresh flowers or fake. You won’t be able to tell the difference in the photos.
- Higher a photographer that you know is good with kids… If you’re local you need to check out, Liz Olson Photography!
- Plan outfits and gather props way in advance
- Bring snacks and a bottle for your one year old in case they get fussy or sad!
Here are a few things I found that we will be using for her photshoot!
This tulle-skirt dress is a must have!
This plush puppy is one of my favorite finds!
This headband comes in a ton of options and under $10.
The sweetest dress from Amazon
Shop more of my first birthday favorites below!