There is nothing more that we love than to shop local businesses. We like to think of ourselves as a mini business. These people are putting their hearts and souls into something they love! So during this holiday season you should always try to shop local first.
We have gathered our favorite local items for everyone in your family- plus a little fun fact about each business.
- Sammy Soap– You guessed it they have the most delicious all natural soaps. On top of this their shop has so many cute items. We cannot get enough of their kitchen towels. They are so funny.
- Lark Skin Co.– If you are on the hunt for a face mask, look no further. Lark will customize a mask just for you. They are all natural and have so many other skin care goodies.
- Marta’s Boutique– They’ve been serving the St. Louis Area for over 30 years and have the most fashionable clothes around! Everyone is so friendly there when shopping, and are certain to find you the perfect outfit.
- MOD– This boutique has the latest and greatest clothes. They stay up to date on the most stylish pieces. They also have great accessories, shoes, bags and gifts! There are multiple locations throughout the St. Louis area and one in Columbia, MO. We are currently loving this suede vest with the softest faux fur lining. It’s the perfect piece to carry you through those cold winter months.
- Glow Candle Co. – The yummiest local candles ever. If you are looking for a scent to make your home smell like holiday cheer, get the Saint Nic (pin fir balsam). Currently burning at my house!
- Pleated– This is an online boutique. They have the cutest clothes at such an affordable price. How it works- they post new items on Facebook every Sunday evening (great way to end the weekend). Then, you comment on which ever items you want and they ship free! Such an easy process. We are loving these suede gloves. Bonus-you can text with them and are available in three different colors!
- Arch Apparel– These are perfect for any guy or gal that is STL proud. They have great hometown apparel that provides another sense of community to our city! You can get these in store at Mix & Match-they offer trunk shows and styling services. Clients have the option to shop at the comfort of their own home, or at their in store location.
- The Normal Brand– Their clothes are sure to keep the man in your life so stylish! Every piece of clothing is something that people actually want to wear everyday.
- Underfit– These are literally the best undershirt on the planet! They are super soft, slim tailored and stays tucked in all day long.
kidzxplor– This is a local company started by three moms (love that). They have an app that you use to book activities and classes without a commitment. Activities are for ages 0-18.
Myseum- We started taking the kids here as soon as they could walk and it has always been a hit! It is the perfect mix of learning and fun. They have stuff for toddlers- 12 years old. This would be a perfect gift card to give this season!
Embroider the Occasion– This shop literally has gifts for all occasions. From baby to housewarming. There is so much to pick from and they will personalize anything and everything. You can also bring in outside purchases and they will embroider it for you. Both boys have this backpack and would make such a great gift for Christmas.
Citizen Kanes- If you are really looking to blow someone away then give them a gift card to Citizen Kanes. All their food is seriously amazing, but they definitely have the best steaks in St. Louis. Their steak seasoning also makes an easy stocking stuffer.
Schlafly- Any beer lover would be so excited for this high tech growler- it locks and keeps your beer cold! Fill it up with one of their season brews, hard apple cider or christmas ale.
wife/girlfriend (ladies send this to your husband)
The Diamond Family- If you are in the market for some new bling (big or small) you need to see the Haddads, they are honest and the most friendly people in the world! We both got our wedding bands there and Lindsay found an amazing vintage ring. They always come out with big giveaways during the holidays too!
Aurora Medical Spa- Girls we are all hitting that age that we need to freshen up our skin! Aurora is the place to get pampered and feel beautiful! They have new products and specials coming soon!
give back to the community
Since this is the season for giving, we want to tell you about a local non profit organization that is doing big things.
SafePacks provides children in the foster care system with a new bag to take to their new home. Each bag is filled with essential and comfort items such as toiletries, pajamas, and coloring books. Here are few ways to help: monetary donation, items donation, or even having your children write letters to add to the bags. Both our families are filling bags and having the boys draw pictures.
If you can, choose to shop local and support your city! All of these businesses work so hard into making them successful and appreciate the local business. Where will you shop this holiday season?
-Lindsay + Carley