My parents have always said that you will not remember the gifts we give, but the memories of family traditions will last us a lifetime. My boys are just now getting old enough to start a few fun family Christmas traditions. One of them being early morning breakfast along with opening stockings. This year I decided to make a classic country club breakfast casserole to enjoy while opening stockings at the table.
With Great Midwest® flavored Cheddar and Jack Cheeses, you can let these Wisconsin-made, artisan cheeses inspire you to think outside the box.
- Hand-crafted in small batches, using only the purest, certified hormone-free milk for a smooth, natural flavor worthy of any dish.
Prep for the Classic Country Club Breakfast
- 8 slices of white bread
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 lb of Great Midwest® Cheddar Cheese shredded (I used horseradish to add more flavor)
- 1 lb of diced ham
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/2 lb of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of dry mustard
- 1 stick of butter
- Grease a 9×12 baking dish
- Place 6 pieces of flat bread on the bottom
- Combine egg, cheese, onion, green pepper, ham, bacon crumbles, salt, dry mustard and stir
- Pour egg & cheese mixture over bread
- Cube 2 slices of bread and sprinkle on top
- Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over top of casserole.
- Place in fridge for 12 hours.
This recipe is great because you can prepare it the night before, so on Christmas morning all you have to do it pop it in the oven!
On Christmas morning bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Here you have your cheesy delicious casserole ready to ENJOY! #GreatMidwestCheesesThe boys LOVED it!
What’s your favorite family tradition on Christmas morning?