My parents have always said you will never remember the gifts we give, but the memories of family traditions will last us a lifetime. My boys are just now getting old enough to start a few fun family Christmas traditions. One of them being early morning breakfast along with opening stockings. This year I decided to make a classic country club breakfast casserole to enjoy while opening stockings at the table.
Prep for the Classic Country Club Breakfast
- 8 slices of white bread
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 lb of cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 lb of diced ham
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/2 lb of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of dry mustard
- 1 stick of butter
- Grease a 9×12 baking dish
- Place 6 pieces of flat bread on the bottom
- Combine egg, cheese, onion, green pepper, ham, bacon crumbles, salt, dry mustard and stir
- Pour egg & cheese mixture over bread
- Cube 2 slices of bread and sprinkle on top
- Melt 1 stick of butter and pour over top of casserole.
- Place in fridge for 12 hours
- On Christmas morning bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
This recipe is great because you can prepare it the night before, so on Christmas morning all you have to do it pop it in the oven!
Here you have your cheesy delicious casserole ready to ENJOY!