At the beginning of every new year, I’m constantly thinking of ways to keep my house maintained and family organized. When both of these things occur, I’m a much better mother to my kids and wife to my husband (haha). Below you’ll find our tips on how to achieve this.
Maintaining Your Home: Lets face it, us blondes aren’t big fixers on the home front. Thankfully we leave this part up to The Hoffmann Brothers. We find it incredibly reassuring when something happens at home that is beyond our reach, Hoffmann Brothers is always there to help. It’s nice knowing we have a company we can rely on and trust to do things the right way. A few big items on my checklist each year are these:
- Test smoke detectors
- Get AC and heating systems serviced
- Replace HVAC filters (did you know Hoffmann Brothers can send these to you directly in the mail). They’re also offering 10% off a complete HVAC system install this month. https://www.hoffmannbros.com/heating
Home Organization: With 3 kids and a dog, our homes have to be organized for things to run smoothly. I’m a big believer in, EVERYTHING HAS A PLACE. Here are a few of my favorite items to keep your home nice and tidy.
- Battery Organizer: so many toys that require so many batteries. Lindsay and I both have this and it makes it so much easier to see what types of batteries we have. It also comes with a battery tester!
2. These plastic zipper pouches have been a top seller for us each year. The hold literally anything and everything. I use for puzzles, toys, diapers, swim bags, etc. The size it perfect and can hold more than you think.
3. Label maker: When things are labeled it saves us a lot of time and energy. They create order where there may be chaos.
4. Bins, bins and more bins: These are our favorite ones. $20 for a 6 pack and over 62,000 reviews. They collapse and hold a good amount of things. We have them everywhere… laundry room, bedrooms and in the playroom.
5. Calendar: Our schedules are starting to become really packed with all the extra activities. We have this displayed in our kitchen so everyone in the family can look and see what’s going on for the entire month. Sometimes if i’m really organized, I’ll write what we’re having for dinner.
We hope you enjoyed some of of tips for maintaining your home and staying organized!